Thursday, September 15, 2011

Baby Steps

Right, my first blog post after my introduction... alright, I can do this.

I have never read anyone else's blog before. I started this blog on a fancy, and I'm making its foundations on randomness and things I persume to be what blogs usually contain. Despite all this, I think I might actually do a decent job of it.

Recently I started reading Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes. Its slightly more than a thousand pages long, and its really quite interesting. Other books that I have read recently are Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll and Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe. These three books have thought me a few things about writing that opposes to what I always thought. In writing, a colorful narration and witty phrasing is not everything. It is completely possible to make a good book based on a clever storyline and a perfect sequencing of events.
I also read books by Terry Pratchett a lot, a writer who uses the word 'cynicism' more often than most. These books made me emphasise on usage of language in my essays, but now I realise that its not all that important.

My new blogging hobby is now one blog, two posts, and four days old. Unfortunately I lack one essential thing in writing blogs, and that is, people to read them. Being severely lacking in Facebook as I mentioned earlier, I do not have many means of advertising my blog, and because of that, the number of people reading my blog last I checked is Zero. But, if no one comes to the attention of my blog, writing it is still a useful hobby (in my belief anyway), and helps to pass the time. I believe that if more people wrote blogs in my class, we wouldn't be getting so many D's for English.

Anyway, I have a few ideas for spreading my blog around, so hopefully by the next post I'll have at least one person who viewed my blog. If it goes well. Until next time, seeya~

"Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." ~E.L. Doctorow
  

No comments:

Post a Comment