Thursday, September 29, 2011

Writing is a Hobby

My goodness, has it only been one day since the last post? I feel like blogging, so that means more musings for you!

I recently received direct feedback from a friend of mine at school who checked out my blog. His very words were "Boring. Very boring." Fortunately, I'm not the sort of person who takes criticism badly and leaves the keyboard forever. I accept feedback of all sorts at any time, and I listened to what he had to say.
Apparently, he says, someone once created a blog and filled it with beautiful pictures of the nature around his hometown, and he got dozens of followers in no time. Whereas my blog is nothing but a brick wall of text. Maybe he has a point. From now on I'll sneak in the occasional scenery into my blogs, to brighten things up.

I have also realised that, in writing my blogs, my usage of words and mode of speech may be, indeed, quite "boring". In order to remedy this, I have started up a new blog! Notebook of an Amatuer Writer is a blog I have created to help improve my writing skills and attract more feedback. I have several things planned for it, and one of the things I'm going to do is, I'm going to give a detailed account about the time I dissected a frog at school. I'll call that one "Graphic Description Writing Training". Heheheh. [This blog has since been deleted.]

Anyway, kindly show support for my new blog, and comment on it. The first post is up and explains about writing as my hobby, and the way I see novels. Please comment on it, tell me what you think of the idea. And don't forget to follow it too!

I am reminded that I should be thankful to the followers of my current blog. To those of you who actually check for updates regularly, thanks a lot! And to that friend of mine at school who reads my blog but refuses to become a follower of it, if you're reading this then start following my blog already. Yeesh. Well, see you all later~

"Every writer I know has trouble writing."  ~Joseph Heller
  

No comments:

Post a Comment