Monday, September 12, 2011

Opening Ceremony

Hey there, welcome to my blog! If you found it, most likely you're probably one of my friends, few of which I have given my blog's address to, or you're a random blog surfer, in which case, thanks for stopping by!

Why did I choose to start a blog? My reason is something like this: In this modernised (or modernized, if you like) world, everyone seems to have something internet-related through which people can "interact" with them, such as with Facebook and Twitter. I don't know why but I can't quite bring myself to like Facebook very much, and I don't know anyone who has Twitter. After thinking it over, I decided that I could compensate for both of those, uhh, deficiencies by starting a blog, which sounds a lot more fun and isn't swamped with commercials all the time. *coughfbcough*

So, here's the first post of my first blog, and chances are, I'm not going to be very good at this blogging thing for a while. I'll give myself time to get better. I remember the first real essay I put any effort into writing, at the beginning of this year, and it was terrible. And then in my English mid-year writing test, I was graded "A" for my short story on a dog named Huck. I remember the first time I tried writing something approaching a novel which I wrote on a few pages of notepad,  which was about gladiators and assasins and the like, a few months ago, and it sucked. And then last weekend I started writing a "book", as I like to call them, which follows something like the writing style of "Diary of a Wimpy Kid", except my version has a rat as the diary owner. My friend agrees it's a lot better than the first one. Hopefully, I'll learn how to write great blogs as fast as I learned how to write all the other stuff.

That's all I can think of saying right now. I'll try to update my blog a few times a week, so please do check sometimes! Until then, see ya!

"Writing is the most fun you can have by yourself." ~Terry Pratchett
  

No comments:

Post a Comment