Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Exam Update 1

Today is Tuesday, and the worst of the exams are over! Well, not counting History.

Here's things as they stand: Physics and Additional Mathematics are done and dealed with. Tomorrow is Chines and Tamil, and the day after is Accountancy Principles, neither of which have anything to do with me whatsoever. In other words, two free holidays! whoo. On Friday is Biology, and I have two days to study it, with History on the side.

The Additional Mathematics exam was terrible. Don't get me wrong, I could answer it just fine, but it was still terrible. We had the Paper 2 first and the Paper 1 second. The Additional Mathematics Paper 2 was the worst. We were given two hours to finish it, and I answered the last question with 15 minutes left on the clock! Then the teacher was kind enough to wordlessly add another 2 minutes of time, and during that time I spotted a crucial error in one of my answers, and managed to correct it! That's not just a close shave; its a shave so close that it almost hit a jugular.

Answering the Physics paper felt weird. What can I say? I looked at the paper in front of me, and I answered what I could, which was most of it, but when I reached those bits I didn't know how to answer, I just closed my eyes and fired. I just wrote down everything I knew about physics, and the thing that makes it weird is, I didn't panic at all. Whenever I reached an obstacle in answering the papers, I feel like I should have panicked, but instead, I simply didn't, and wrote down some bogus answer instead. Somehow, this doesn't seem like acceptable behaviour for a student in the first class.

I'm still training up for the day I'll face off with History, so Biology is going to have to take the back seat for a while. Luckily I have practically all the time in the world during the next two holidays, so it shouldn't pose a problem.

That about wraps it up for now. A lot of other people are having exams too, so best of luck to everyone!~

Here's a picture of a can of Coca-Cola Light balancing diagonally on the edge of its rim.

No comments:

Post a Comment